Sunrise Run & Sightsee in Paris (long version)
10 km / 6.2 m
⭐ Welcome to the bestseller running tour experience in Paris! ⭐
Ever dreamt of experiencing Paris differently, away from the crowds and off the traditional guided tours? Are you a regular jogger/runner? Feel like discovering the most famous sights of Paris in only two hours, while getting fit and pursuing your running training? So this experience is a no brainer for you!
We’re going to take you on a 6-10 km (4-6 m) guided sunrise run, plunging you into an unexpectedly empty Paris. At this time of the day, most people are still sleeping and the rising sun colours the magnificent monuments and buildings with nuances of pink and gold. This is Paris as you’ve probably never seen before!
We’re a team of (serious amateurs) athletes, passionate about Paris history, with a background in physical education and tourism. Which means that we’re not simply taking you along our jogging routine; we’ve planned carefully every step of this running tour for you to learn inside stories and fun facts, have the maximum fun and workout before breakfast. You don’t have to lift a finger (only to move your legs!). We prepared the best route, set a reasonable starting time, carry water and snacks, make a photo shooting of your run and even thought of a surprise finisher reward!
WHY TAKING THIS EXPERIENCE? (HIGHLIGHTS)
- Cover all the essential monuments of Paris in only two hours
- Have the city all for yourself
- Get wonderful pictures of Paris monuments with no crowds blocking them
- Work out before breakfast, feeling free to earn later every calorie burned!
- Get to know Paris from a local runner, learning things that you cannot find in a guide book
- Visit Paris while getting fit
- Pursue your running training
- Relax and don't worry about getting lost or finding a running route by yourself
STARTING POINT AND FINISHING LINE
If you’re taking the 10 km /6 m route, the starting and finishing lines will be the same: the Saint-Michel square. For the ones running half the route, the finishing line will be Trocadero square.
In around 2 hours (depending on your running pace), you’ll be able to see and to learn about the most famous places and landmarks of Paris, such as: the Notre-Dame Cathedral; the Seine river, with its fairy-tale palaces and castles, bridges and gardens; the Louvre Museum; the Tuileries garden; the Concorde square; the Champs-Elysées avenue; the Eiffel Tower; the Hotel des Invalides; the d’Orsay Museum; and much more!
Some quick stops are planned for pictures and refreshments along the way. Your running guide will carry your belongings (small items only) inside their backpack and will have water and snacks ready for you whenever you feel like it. All you have to do is to put on appropriate running gear and to lace up your trainers!
WHAT ABOUT THE RUNNING PACE?
You need absolutely not be a fast runner in order to take part in this running tour, for it’s not a race competition. It’s more like a relaxed jog at a very comfortable pace, allowing conversation at the same time we run. However, it does require some level of conditioning. Be sure to be able to run at least 5 km / 3 m non-stop before signing up
- your running guide's services
- one bottle of (still) water for each participant
- free digital pictures of your running tour
- snacks (dried fruits or nuts)
- a waterproof running jacket in case of rain (we run rain or shine!)
- carrying your belongings (small volumes only)
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED OR WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING ALONG
- Please show up wearing appropriate running gear and shoes. We are indeed running :)
- We cannot storage voluminous clothes and bags. Come with what we (and you) can actually carry while running
- We do not provide any transportation tickets
- We do not provide entries to monuments and museums along the route. We’re not going inside any of them, for they'll be closed during our run
- We also do not provide any other meals and drinks other than the ones specified above
Note: Consult us about group discounts for 4 people and more
Parvis Notre-Dame - place Jean-Paul-II, Paris, France
We're meeting at the Saint-Michel square, between the Saint-Michel fountain and the entry to the metro station (if you're arriving from the Saint-Michel station, just take the exit number 3, called "Fontaine Saint-Michel").
- Subway stations: Saint-Michel - Châtelet - Cluny-La Sorbonne
- Train (RER) stations: Saint Michel-Notre-Dame - Châtelet