Sunrise Run & Sightsee in Paris (long version)
Wednesday 07:30, 07:00
Friday 07:30, 07:00
Saturday 07:30, 07:00
Sunday 07:30, 07:00
10 km /6 m
If you're a morning person, then join this early bird jog and see the main landmarks of Paris! You'll work out and sight-see before breakfast, having plenty of time to visit more in-depth later the places you liked the most during your running tour.
We carefully planned our starting time. Despite the early start at dawn, most of the run will happen at daylight, while Paris is still waking up and free from the crowd. You'll be able to have a clear view (and wonderful pictures!) of all the landmarks, and watch a while later a beautiful sunrise behind the Eiffel Tower, if the weather is in our favor!
WHY TAKING THIS EXPERIENCE? (HIGHLIGHTS)
- Cover all the essential monuments of Paris in only two hours
- Have the city all for yourself
- Get wonderful pictures of Paris monuments with no crowds blocking them
- Work out before breakfast, feeling free to earn later every calorie burned!
- Get to know Paris from a local runner, learning things that you cannot find in a guide book
- Visit Paris while getting fit
- Pursue your running training
- Relax and don't worry about getting lost or finding a running route by yourself
STARTING POINT AND FINISHING LINE
The starting point of the tour will be the place where all the distances in France are measured from: the Notre-Dame Cathedral, in the very heart of Paris. From there, your running guide will lead you on a round tour, at your own pace, past some reference landmarks that make Paris one of the most beautiful and romantic cities in the world!
In around 2 hours (depending on your running pace), you’ll be able to see and to learn about the most famous places and landmarks of Paris, such as: the Notre-Dame Cathedral; the Seine river, with its fairy-tale palaces and castles, bridges and gardens; the Louvre Museum; the Tuileries garden; the Concorde square; the Champs-Elysées avenue; the Eiffel Tower; the Hotel des Invalides; the d’Orsay Museum; and much more!
Some quick stops are planned for pictures and refreshments along the way. Your tour host will carry your belongings (small items only) inside their backpack and will have water and snacks ready for you whenever you feel like it. All you have to do is to is to put on appropriate running gear and to lace up your trainers!
WHAT ABOUT THE RUNNING PACE?
You need absolutely not be a fast runner in order to take part in this running tour, for it’s not a race competition. It’s more like a relaxed jog at a very comfortable pace, allowing conversation at the same time we run. However, it does require some level of conditioning. Be sure to be able to run at least 5 km / 3 m non-stop before signing up
- your running guide's services
- one bottle of (still) water for each participant
- free digital pictures of your running tour
- snacks (dried fruits or nuts)
- a waterproof running jacket in case of rain (we run rain or shine!)
- carrying your belongings (small volumes only)
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED OR WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING ALONG
- Please show up wearing appropriate running gear and shoes. We are indeed running :)
- We cannot storage voluminous clothes and bags. Come with what we (and you) can actually carry while running
- We do not provide any transportation tickets
- We do not provide entries to monuments and museums along the route. We’re not going inside any of them, for they'll be closed during our run
- We also do not provide any other meals and drinks other than the ones specified above
Note: Consult us about group discounts for 4 people and more
Parvis Notre-Dame - place Jean-Paul-II, Paris, France
Our meeting point will be the point zero of Paris, where all distances in France were traditionally measured.
Look for the statue of a king riding a horse just in front of the Notre-Dame church, on the right side. Your RunRun guide will be waiting for you there!
- Subway stations: Cité - Saint-Michel - Châtelet - Hôtel de Ville
- Train (RER) stations: Saint Michel - Châtelet