Paris in a Nutshell
Friday 07:30, 07:00
Saturday 07:30, 07:00
Sunday 07:30, 07:00
21 km / 13 m
As marathons season is officially open worldwide, we wouldn’t like you to miss the chance to taste Paris Marathon and make this Grand Tour of Paris in 3h30 of discovery!
The Louvre, the Tuileries, the Concorde square, the bridges and docks of the Seine river, the Eiffel Tower, the Notre-Dame cathedral… all the emblematic places that make Paris a fairy tale city! This running route includes all of that and more: a stroll along both less well-known sites and the most iconic monuments in the picturesque Montmartre! After 3 hours and a half of gentle jogging, depending on your running pace and including the obligatory breaks for photos and refreshments, you'll be able to say that you have seen and learned all the best Paris has to offer to its visitors.
WHY TAKING THIS EXPERIENCE? (HIGHLIGHTS)
Get to know pretty much all famous landmarks of Paris (and some infamous, too) on a single running tour
Have a private experience (small group) off the beaten tourist routes
Visit Paris while getting fit
Pursue your half-marathon or marathon training
Relax and don't worry about getting lost or finding a running route by yourself
REVIEWS FROM PREVIOUS GUESTS
Read some comments written by previous guests who did Paris in a Nutshell Running Tour with us (all full reviews are available on TripAdvisor):
- “Superb run, from start to finish… This is honestly one of the best tours I have ever done…” (Emma, UK);
- “So much more than ‘Paris in a Nutshell’… This was my first sightrunning tour, and it is probable that RunRun Tours has spoiled me for any future sightrunning experiences.” (Karen, USA);
- “The best way to see the city of Paris” (628loz, USA);
- "AMAZING EXPERIENCE. They are totally willing to adjust to your pace or style. We saw everything we wanted in the city and more. We even got to make some stops for pastries from one of the best bakeries. 10/10 would recommend." (Codi, Italy)
- “Each time I visit a new city, I look for a company that does running tours - it's a great way to see a city while getting exercise and fresh air! RunRun Tours was one of the best running companies I have encountered. I highly recommend them!” (Janet, USA).
STARTING POINT AND FINISHING LINE
The starting point of the tour will be the place where all the distances in France are measured from, the Notre-Dame Cathedral, in the very heart of Paris. From there, your running guide will lead you on a round tour, at your own pace, past some classic landmarks of Paris, but especially along some hidden secrets that you'd probably never know without our expert guidance acquired by years of running in every corner of the City of Lights!
In about 3 ½ hours (depending on your running pace) you’ll be able to see and to learn pretty much about all landmarks of Paris, from the most famous to the less well-known ones, such as:
- Notre-Dame cathedral;
- Louvre Museum;
- Tuileries garden;
- Concorde square;
- Champs-Elysées avenue;
- Grand Palais and Petit Palais;
- Eiffel Tower;
- Royal Palace garden;
- Vendôme square;
- Garnier Opera house;
- covert passageways;
- Sacré-Coeur basilica;
- Moulin Rouge and Lapin Agile cabarets;
- and much more hidden sites and stories of Paris!
This is a running tour for intermediate to advanced runners. You’re not required to run fast, but you have to be able to run at least 15 kilometres (9 miles) or have already run at least one half-marathon in your life.
Some quick stops are planned for pictures and refreshments along the way. Your tour host will carry your belongings (small items only) inside their backpack and will have water and snacks ready for you whenever you feel like it. All you have to do is to is to put on appropriate running gear and to lace up your trainers!
WHAT ABOUT THE RUNNING PACE?
You need absolutely not be a fast runner in order to take part in this running tour, for it’s not a race competition. It’s more like a relaxed jog at a very comfortable pace, allowing conversation at the same time we run. However, it does require some level of conditioning. Be sure to be able to run at least 15 km / 9 m non-stop before signing up.
- your running guide's services
- one bottle of (still) water for each participant
- free digital pictures of your running tour
- snacks (dried fruits or nuts)
- a waterproof running jacket in case of rain (we run rain or shine!)
- carrying your belongings (small volumes only)
- and a finisher surprise!
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED OR WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING ALONG
- Please show up wearing appropriate running gear and shoes. We are indeed running :)
- We cannot storage voluminous clothes and bags. Come with what we (and you) can actually carry while running
- We do not provide any transportation tickets
- We do not provide entries to monuments and museums along the route. We’re not going inside any of them, for they'll be closed during our run
- We also do not provide any other meals and drinks other than the ones specified above
Note: Consult us about group discounts for 4 people and more
Parvis Notre Dame - Place Jean-Paul II, Paris, France
Our meeting point will be the point zero of Paris, where all distances in France were traditionally measured.
Look for the statue of a king riding a horse just in front of the Notre-Dame church, on the right side. Your RunRun guide will be waiting for you there!
Subway stations: Cité - Saint-Michel - Châtelet - Hôtel de Ville
Train (RER) stations: Saint Michel - Châtelet