Secrets of Paris
12 km / 7 m
If you already know all the classic landmarks of Paris and you enjoy jogging while the crowds are still sleeping, this 12-ish km (7-ish m) long experience is perfect for you! Not only you'll get to know both famous and less known sights in the picturesque Montmartre, but you'll also learn about some hidden treasures and run through gardens and passageways located on the right bank of the Seine river.
WHY TAKING THIS EXPERIENCE? (HIGHLIGHTS)
- Get to know both famous and hidden sites/monuments of Paris from a local runner, learning things that you couldn't find in a guide book
- Have the city all for yourself
- Get wonderful pictures of Paris monuments with no crowds blocking them
- Work out before breakfast, feeling free to earn later every calorie burned!
- Have a private experience (small group) off the beaten tourist routes
- Visit Paris while getting fit
- Pursue your running training
- Relax and don't worry about getting lost or finding a running route by yourself
STARTING POINT AND FINISHING LINE
The starting point of the tour will be the place where all the distances in France are measured from, the Notre-Dame Cathedral, in the very heart of Paris. From there, your running guide will lead you on a round tour, at your own pace, past some classic landmarks of Paris, but especially past some hidden secrets that you'd probably never know without our expert guidance acquired by years of running in every corner of the City of Lights!
In around 2 hours (depending on your running pace) you’ll be able to see and to learn about some classic and some less touristy places and landmarks of Paris, such as: the Notre-Dame cathedral; Louvre Museum; Royal Palace garden; Vendôme square; Garnier Opera house; covert passageways; Sacré-Coeur basilica; Moulin Rouge and Lapin Agile cabarets; and much more hidden sites and stories of Paris!
Some quick stops are planned for pictures and refreshments along the way. Your tour host will carry your belongings (small items only) inside their backpack and will have water and snacks ready for you whenever you feel like it. All you have to do is to is to put on appropriate running gear and to lace up your trainers!
WHAT ABOUT THE RUNNING PACE?
You need absolutely not be a fast runner in order to take part in this running tour, for it’s not a race competition. It’s more like a relaxed jog at a very comfortable pace, allowing conversation at the same time we run. However, it does require some level of conditioning. Be sure to be able to run at least 5 km / 3 m non-stop before signing up
- your running guide's services
- one bottle of (still) water for each participant
- free digital pictures of your running tour
- snacks (dried fruits or nuts)
- a waterproof running jacket in case of rain (we run rain or shine!)
- carrying your belongings (small volumes only)
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED OR WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING ALONG
- Please show up wearing appropriate running gear and shoes. We are indeed running :)
- We cannot storage voluminous clothes and bags. Come with what we (and you) can actually carry while running
- We do not provide any transportation tickets
- We do not provide entries to monuments and museums along the route. We’re not going inside any of them, for they'll be closed during our run
- We also do not provide any other meals and drinks other than the ones specified above
Note: Consult us about group discounts for 4 people and more
Parvis Notre Dame - Place Jean-Paul II, Paris, France
We're meeting at the Saint-Michel square, between the Saint-Michel fountain and the entry to the metro station (if you're arriving from the Saint-Michel station, just take the exit number 3, called "Fontaine Saint-Michel").
- Subway stations: Saint-Michel - Châtelet - Cluny-La Sorbonne
- Train (RER) stations: Saint Michel-Notre-Dame - Châtelet